I spent a good 40 minutes putting together my usual Friday Links, complete with pictures. Then I hit “Preview” and discovered WordPress had decided to delete it, sans explanation.
So in lieu of that, here’s the short version:
- Thingiverse is an online database of downloadable 3D printer designs. You can even print a new starship in case your old one gets busted up whilst flying Into Darkness.
- Hacking the President’s DNA isn’t possible…yet. But how far off is a future like this?
- Speaking of the future, how about a pill that knows you’ve swallowed it?
- Somebody mailed a package with a tiny camera inside. This three-minute video takes you inside the journey of mail.
- Carrie Fisher confirms she’s playing Leia once more in Star Wars: Episode VII. In spite of the rampant cynicism about yet another trilogy, I think the early signs are positive. It’s too early to get excited, but it’s also too early for prophecies of doom.
- And finally, as always, SMBC delivers.
Have a culturally enlightened weekend – or at least drink some good beer! See you Monday.