A recent thread on reddit asked users to write and submit two-sentence horror stories. The results were agreeably spine-chilling, featuring such laconic scares as:
You hear your mom calling you into the kitchen. As you are heading down the stairs you hear a whisper from the closet saying “Don’t go down there honey, I heard it too.”
Buzzfeed has collected their 12 favorites right here.
A co-worker threw down the gauntlet and suggested I write some of my own.
- Panting, she set the barrel to her forehead and pulled the trigger, but all she heard was a click. “No escape,” said the voice behind her, “only me.”
- Muffin’s a good dog, but it’s been three days and he’s getting hungry. And I’m still tied to the chair.
- I locked the door and took my wife’s hand. “We’re safe now,” I lied.
- They all scream except for one man at the far end of the room. He must be new.
- The nightmares are getting worse. I’ve stopped waking up.
Care to try?