I just spent an hour writing an 800-word post, and when I hit Publish, WordPress decided that must mean Delete. brb, punching my monitor.
Get it free!
Around the Net
Best of Buckley
- Artificial Intelligence and Nietzsche
- Happiness is Not the Goal
- Hating Twilight Does Not Make You Cool
- How Precision Kills Communication
- How to Write Clearly
- Reading Van Gogh
- Sixteen Simple Rules for Writers
- Staring at Rectangles
- The Joy of Hubris
- The One-Step Guide to Getting Published
- These Are a Few of My Favorite Things
- You Do Not Even Have to Believe in Yourself
TagsArt Artificial Intelligence Ask an Overmind Ask Brian Anything Avatar Babyology Buffy Copyediting Fiction Forty-Minute Story Friday Links Frozen Great Bible Read Haiku 365 NSA domestic spying Philosophy Poems Postmortem Restore the Fourth Riddle RPG Maker Scientology Singularity The Crane Girl The Federalist Capers The Witching Hour Transcendence Yoda vs. Everybody
I use Lazarus to avoid that: http://getlazarus.com/download
Thanks…I might try that.
Oops.. But doesn’t WP do an auto save ? I thought they did that.
Yeah, I think so too. But evidently it didn’t autosave well enough…
I know your pain–been there. Wish they would dummy-proof these things!
No kidding! Although, as a programmer myself, I’ve created more than my share of glitches in my time…so I guess I can’t complain too much.