- I finished the work for my big editing project. Managed to get it all done before the deadline, so I’m excited about that. The book was my second edit for MIT Press.
- Still working on another project, this one for an indie author, but the schedule there is a lot more relaxed.
- Betsy and I finally got around to seeing Rogue One (amazing how a baby and a lack of babysitter can delay your movie-watching). It was really good, but didn’t quite feel like a Star Wars movie. The problem with doing a more realistic take on Star Wars is that war is sad and horrible and depressing, and if you portray that realistically, you tend to get a depressing movie. That said, seeing the Death Star upside-down was wicked cool.
- Currently reading the novel Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I may do a postmortem when I finish, as I definitely have a lot to say about it.
- Evan’s getting better at standing up. He still has to lean on something, like the side of the couch, but he’s relying on the support less and less. He’s also learned to “high-five” my hand, which is frickin’ adorable. In a few days he’ll be ten months old.
- The Trump Jr. thing … oy. If you’ve been reading the blog for a while, you can probably guess what I think, and I don’t have anything to say that hasn’t been said in a hundred newspaper editorials already. But still … oy.
- Nothing new on Crane Girl at the moment.
- Last night I was reading about how to achieve a perfect game in Pac-Man, which is fascinating for reasons I can’t quite explain. I love the idea of playing a game so well that you actually break the game.
- Ceci n’est pas une bullet point.
Get it free!
TagsArt Artificial Intelligence Ask an Overmind Ask Brian Anything Avatar Babyology Buffy Copyediting Fiction Forty-Minute Story Friday Links Frozen Great Bible Read Haiku 365 NSA domestic spying Philosophy Poems Postmortem Restore the Fourth Riddle RPG Maker Scientology Singularity The Crane Girl The Federalist Capers The Witching Hour Transcendence Yoda vs. Everybody