- Currently editing a novella for an author in Australia. Really fun, too.
- In talks with at least three potential clients.
- Submitted four articles to local magazine Run Life, with another due in the next few weeks.
- Looking into organizing an Ohio chapter of the Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA).
- Completed week 7 of a 12-week EFA course on developmental editing. Plenty of new information, but it’s also making me more confident in what I already knew.
- Yes, I’m doing National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). A friend of mine (who may wish to remain nameless?) threw down the gauntlet at the Halloween party, challenging me to write a 50,000-word romance novel by the end of November. The incentive is that if (when) I succeed, he will record an audio book of himself reading the entire thing, doing all the voices, sound effects, accents, and everything, no matter how ridiculous I make it. Bear in mind, there will be sex scenes. I was like, done. Three days in and I’ve already got 8,000 words.
- Finished season one of Gotham. Ba da ba ba ba, I’m lovin’ it. Betsy is too.
- Mowed the front and back yards for what is hopefully the last time this year.
- Going to visit my buddy Mr. Trube this weekend. We plan to have at least one hijink. Incidentally, if you’ve ever wanted to see a photo of Mr. Trube eating a live dog dressed as a taco, now you can.
- That’s all. There are no more bullet points.
Get it free!
TagsArt Artificial Intelligence Ask an Overmind Ask Brian Anything Avatar Babyology Buffy Copyediting Fiction Forty-Minute Story Friday Links Frozen Great Bible Read Haiku 365 NSA domestic spying Philosophy Poems Postmortem Restore the Fourth Riddle RPG Maker Scientology Singularity The Crane Girl The Federalist Capers The Witching Hour Transcendence Yoda vs. Everybody